23 October 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-thon


I've just plucked up the courage to take part in my first ever read-a-thon. I've considered signing up for multiple read-a-thons before, but they've either been at inappropriate times for me, or I just chickened out. That stops now.




Bout of Books will run from 12:01am 10/24 through 11:59 pm 10/30 (your time zone) (GMT)


Bout of Books 2.0 is hosted by Amanda over at On a Book Bender (I love the blog name by the way!). It's half term for me now, so I have a week off school, so this is a wonderful time to participate. Erm, so on with my goals and stuff, I guess. I have no idea what I'm meant to include in this post, so I'm using other blogs as a reference! 

Time Devoted to Reading
Probably mainly in the evenings, but hopefully at least 6 or 7 hours each day. We'll see if I'm being unrealistic!

My Goals
I hope to read at least 3 books. I would say more, but I have coursework to do as well. So I'm going with 3 at the very minimum, but I'm going to try to aim for 7. 

Books to Read
Okay, this is tough. Let's see...
1. Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
2. Mister Creecher by Chris Priestly
3. Firelight by Sophie Jordan
4. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald (I have to read this for my coursework, so win-win!)
5. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
6. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
7. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
I may switch books, depending on whether or not I'm enjoying them. 

Updates Will Go Here (I hope I'm doing this right)

Monday 24th
Currently Reading: -
Finished: Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Books Read: 1
Total # of Pages Read: 288

Tuesday 25th
Currently Reading: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Finished: -
Books Read: 1
Total # of Pages Read: 528


Wednesday 26th
Currently Reading: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Finished: Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Books Read: 2
Total # of Pages Read: 628


Thursday 27th
Currently Reading: Mister Creecher by Chris Priestley
Finished:
Books Read:
Total # of Pages Read:


Friday 28th
Currently Reading:
Finished:
Books Read:
Total # of Pages Read:


Saturday 29th
Currently Reading:
Finished:
Books Read:
Total # of Pages Read:


Sunday 30th
Currently Reading:
Finished:
Books Read:
Total # of Pages Read:

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Amber! I'll keep checking on how you're doing! I'll be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam! *hands over cheerleading pom poms* I'm so nervous. I'm worried that I set my goals too high, haha. We'll see. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I just decided I was going to have my own personal readathon.. maybe I'll do this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!