27 April 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour #Readathon: Starting Line and Updates


I have never officially participated in a read-a-thon before, so I hope I am doing this right. If not then oh well, it's too late to back out now! I signed up for Dewey's Read-A- Thon ten minutes before the event started because what is organisation. 

I'm going to be putting everything into this one post because that's what Aleksandra is doing, and I feel like I should copy her. Just because. 

So I'm starting at 1pm on Saturday, and finishing at 1pm on Sunday. Let's hope I can stick with it. I'll likely be chugging coffee because I only had three hours of sleep. I'm gonna be a zombie.

Reading List: 

I shall add photos when I start each book (if I do read more than one).

1. Where You Are by Tammara Webber
2. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
3. The End Games by T. Michael Martin - Started
4. A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George R R Martin - 50 pages
5. Parallel by Lauren Miller
6. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
7. Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris

Obviously there is no way I am going to read more than two books, but I need to have options! And I want to make a dent in ASOS Part 2 before the show airs again tomorrow. SO.


Book #1!
Book #2!
50 pages of A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold
I started The End Games!

Introductory Questionnaire

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

Buckinghamshire, England where we just had a thunderstorm. I don't think Bucks knows what Spring is.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

A Storm of Swords Part 2, because I've heard there is a wedding.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I'm pretty sure there are some Kit-Kats in the cupboard.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I am so freakin' paranoid, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong. But hi, if you're visiting for the first time, I am Amber! And I shall try not to scare you with my ridiculousness. 

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to diving straight into that hashtag on Twitter. Oh, and the books. The books are good.

Mid-Event Survey

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?

I am doing okay, I have read two books and there's still ages to go! I was thinking about taking a nap because I have to go to my grandad's house for dinner tomorrow, and I don't think that an all-nighter is the best idea. My eyes aren't that tired, surprisingly. Although I am on my fifth cup of coffee.

2) What have you finished reading?

Where You Are by Tammara Webber, and Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. 

3) What is your favorite read so far?

Where You Are. I loved the drama, even if it did stress me out. Plus, Sweet Evil was awful.

4) What about your favorite snacks?

My little sister made cookies! On a scale of Dean Winchester to 10, I am very happy right now.

5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!

Yes! I discovered Mauie's blog after she was an AMAZING cheerleader and really lifted my spirits after I complained about being slow. #teambear

Feel free to leave your link below in the comments! Let me know if you're participating, and what you're planning on reading!

End of Event Meme

1) Which hour was most daunting for you?

The first couple of hours, because my family kept interrupting me. My little sister came into my room and sat on the floor and wouldn't stop talking to me. So that meant that while I everyone was finishing their first books, I was still in the middle of mine. 

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I'd recommend any light contemporary reads! They're easy to fly through compared to dystopia or paranormal, where there tends to be a lot of world building. I really liked Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (although that might make you sad so I'd recommend reading this last), and The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is also AMAZING.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?



4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

I liked the regular posts on the blog. They were fun to read and get involved with! And it was great if you wanted to take a short break.

5) How many books did you read?

Two! I also started reading one, and read a few dozen pages of another.

6) What were the names of the books you read?

I finished Where You Are and Sweet Evil, I read 50 pages of A Storm of Swords, and I began reading The End Games.

7) Which book did you enjoy most?

Where You Are and A Storm of Swords!

8) Which did you enjoy least?

Sweet Evil. It was AWFUL.

9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

I wasn't a cheerleader, but those guys were awesome!

10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I DEFINITELY want to take part in the read-a-thon again! I had so much fun, and met so many new people. Next time I'll probably just be doing the same thing - reading!

10 comments:

  1. You may only have just signed up, but your post is certainly very well-organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, um, and that should have also had the line: HAVE FUN! in it :)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, I was worried I hadn't included everything! Thanks! EEEE, you too! I'm following your progress on Twitter XD

      Delete
  2. I'm participating for the first time, too! I actually considered adding A Storm of Swords to my reading list, but then I decided to catch up on my review schedule, so put it back. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goal is to catch up on my review copies as well! Although I had to fit ASOS in there somewhere because I don't want the show to get ahead of me again XD

      Delete
  3. I don't think there is a way to do it wrong. Everyone has their own style. And enjoy those KitKats! I'm a bit jealous of those! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I have been enjoying the Kit-Kats a lot! And the cookies that my sister made. Nomom!

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you decided to join. I love readathons.

    http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/04/deweys-24-hour-read-thon-starting-line.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning a prize I just saw your name on the list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!