05 April 2012

Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things by Ted Naifeh


Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things by Ted Neifeh
Courtney Crumrin #1
Release Date: May 28, 2003
Publisher: Oni Press
Source: NetGalley
Rating: Enjoyable


Presenting the initial Courtney Crumrin miniseries in a new digest-sized format. Courtney's parents have dragged her out to a high-to-do suburb to live with her creepy Great Uncle Aloysius in his spooky old house. She's not only the new kid in school, but she also discovers strange things lurking under her bed. - Goodreads


I had never heard of this series before I saw it on NetGalley, but I was on a graphic novel hype so I thought I'd pick it up and give it a go. I adored it! This book is such a fun and interesting read, yet it's light enough that you can get lost in the story without worrying about anything else. Before I knew it, I was at the end of the boook and I was dying to read the next one!

This graphic novel contains four individual issues of the comic, which is narrated by a goblin called Butterworth. The artwork is fantastic, and really brought the story itself to life. This would be a great book for older children who are looking for something creepy to read, but I also think anyone would enjoy it! I definitely did.

I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on the next books in this series, because I love fast, easy reads.

1 comment:

  1. These sound like lots of fun. I will have to check the series out myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!