02 June 2012

Rip Tide by Kat Falls



Rip Tide by Kat Falls
Dark Life #2
Release Date: August 4, 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Rating: Essential



Return to the subsea frontier with Ty and Gemma! The mysteries of the deep are deadlier than ever when Ty'With time running out for his parents, Ty's desperation leads the two teenagers to the underwater underworld...and into an alliance with the outlaws of the Seablite Gang. But one mystery soon leads to another. How has an entire township disappered? Why is the local sealife suddenly so aggressive? And can the Seablite Gang be trusted...or are Ty and Gemma in deeper water than they realize? - Goodreads

So some of you may recall that when I read Dark Life last year, I absolutely fell in love with it. It is classed as a Middle Grade novel, however I think it can beenjoyed by everyone. If you haven't read Dark Life then I don't suggest reading this review as it may spoil you. I do suggest, however, that you go and pick up Dark Life right now because I ADORE it.

Rip Tide takes place a couple of months after Dark Life ended. Gemma is no longer living with Ty and his family as she is still scared of the ocean, and there are also some mysterious things happening with her character.

I loved Rip Tide just as much as Dark Life, and I can't get it out of my head. I think the two books are due a reread very soon!

The world that Kat Falls has created continues to expand in this book, and she has done a fantastic job of making it stand out.

We do see more of Shade in this book which I was thrilled about! While I do wish we could see more of him, I was pleased with what we got. I love him so much, he's definitely my favourite character. I think he should have his own series, because he and his crew are just awesome!

I love the twists and the turns that this story took, with the townships disappearing and Ty and Gemma going to various places to investigate. It's action packed and kpet me guessing all the way through.

I'm not sure when the third book is out, but I hope it's some time soon because I need to see more of these characters and this world!


1 comment:

  1. I follow some middle grade books myself like Rick Riordan's stuff and Michael Scott's Nicholas Flamel and Kenyon's Chronicles of Nick! I have to tell my son about this so we'll have another series to bond over.

    Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!