31 October 2012

Monthly Wrap Up: October 2012

October was another bad month for me. I started off the month with a terrible cold, which turned into a bad cough. I spent an awesome week at a friend's house and then I returned home to find I couldn't read anything. It took me two weeks to finish reading Outpost, and it didn't help that it was a boring book. Then I was in ANOTHER reading funk because of that, so it took me a while to get back into things. I'm fine now, though I have a throat infection, and I have lots of books to review and posts to write.

Books Read in October:

1. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (Essential)
2. Outpost by Ann Aguirre (Bland)
3. Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (All Time Favourite)
4. Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (Essential)
5. Velveteen by Daniel Marks (Enjoyable)
6. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (All Time Favourite)
7. When She Woke by Hillary Jordan (Enjoyable)


I'm also in the middle of reading Scent of Magic by Maria V Snyder, so I will hopefully finish that by tonight! 

Book of the Month:


Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Yes, I cheated and picked two books. They were both AMAZING. I read the first book in the Mara Dyer series in February and fell in love, so I just had to read this straight away when my friend brought it home. I was sent Poison Princess by the publisher, and I wasn't sure if I would like it but once I started reading I just couldn't put it down. Both of these reads were so much fun, and I am in love. So I guess October was a good reading month after all!

Reviews:
How was your month? And what was the best book you read in October? Let me know in the comments! Also, is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo? If you are, then let me know and feel free to add me as a writing buddy. My username is Amber Winchester! I've been spending the past couple of weeks planning like crazy, so I hope I can actually win this year. Third time lucky!

4 comments:

  1. oh wow you read two of the books I am the most excited about and they were an all time favorite! If this isn't a sign to pick them up right now then I don't know what is!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely MUST! I'm tempted to reread both of them, but I think I'll wait until I've read some of these review books XD

      Delete
  2. I read the first book in the Mara Dyer series, but haven't gotten to the second one yet. now I'm even more excited to read it! Hope you have another great month :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's *so* good. Just as good as the first, if not slightly better!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!