05 July 2012

Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent



Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers #6
Release Date: July 6, 2012 (UK)
Publisher: Mira ink
Rating: All Time Favourite


I died on a Thursday—killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul.
The good news? He didn’t get it.
The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school…

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much
harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent
“recovering,” she’s back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend.

But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won’t keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn’t just gambling with her own life…. - Goodreads

If you've been reading my posts and tweets for a while, you're probably aware by now that this is one of my favourite series of all time. That hasn't changed in the year between releases, and I am so happy about that. Before I Wake was just as amazing as its predecessor, which I think was the best book in the series to date.

I'm going to keep this review short(ish) and sweet, because I tend to repeat myself in my reviews for this series and I don't need to keep doing that.

Firstly, OH MY GOSH THIS BOOK. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. I did NOT expect any of this awesome stuff to happen, and I didn't expect Rachel Vincent to bring me to tears in yet another book. I don't know why I wasn't expecting these things, because after reading all of Rachel's releases to date, I should really have learnt by now.

Kaylee is just as amazing as always. *cheers* She struggles to come to terms with her afterlife, and this takes up a good portion of the book. It made me feel so sad for her, but I also admired her because she kept getting back up when she was knocked down. Of course, her family and friends and her boyfriend helped, but it was mostly down to Kaylee and her badassery.

What else? Oh yes, KAYLEE AND TOD!!! <333 Love them. They have so many great scenes in Before I Wake, and I'm not tired of these two at all. Sometimes I find when characters get together in the middle of a series they are put through trials that are meant to break them up again and I get bored with all the backwards and forwards. However, KAYLEE AND TOD <333333

And finally, I am DYING to read the next book. I know, I say this in every review, but I really am. I don't think I can wait another year. Has anyone invented time travel yet? *sobs*

So. There's my gushy, rather embarrassing 'review' on the sixth Soul Screamers book. I can't believe there's only one left. Someone hand me a tissue.


Soul Screamers series:
1. My Soul to Take
2. My Soul to Save
3. My Soul to Keep
4. My Soul to Steal
5. If I Die
6. Before I Wake
7. With All My Soul (2013)

5 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I love gushy reviews Amber. Thank you so much for this one. Like I said, I need to pick up books 2-6 soon. I read them but do not own copies myself. Have to do it soon though. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayayayaya! I WANT this book badly. I want to read about Tod again and I want to cry (unbelievable) too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. I never knew this series was that great o.o Gaaag another 7 book series to add on my TBR list!! :( Great review Amber, I can really see how much you're in love with this book! :D
    - Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really need to go to the library to get the 6th and 7th book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Soul Screamers series!! on the 6th book so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!