05 July 2013

Monthly Wrap Up: June 2013 + Debut-a-thon

Once again, I didn't reach my goal of ten books, however I did start my job (which I love) and I did host the debut-a-thon. So I shouldn't be too hard on myself, right? I had a really great month in June, and I hope this new trend continues!

Books Read in June
1. Transparent by Natalie Whipple
2. Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer
3. Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer
4. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
5. Dare You To by Katie McGarry
6. Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn
7. Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt
8. In the After by Demitria Lunetta
9. If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Currently Reading:
A Storm of Swords P.2 by George R. R. Martin
Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Book of the Month
Judith recommended this one to me, and I saved it for the Debut-a-thon. It was so, so good, and while I was expecting to cry, I wasn't expecting it to be such an uncomfortable and heart wrenching read. Am I even making sense right now? This book broke me. So of course I had to encourage Tatum to read it. Teehee.

As most of you will know, I hosted the first ever Debut-a-thon at the end of June! I was so, so pleased with how it turned out, and while I got a little (or VERY) stressed out at times, it was a lot of fun. Tatum and Lauren's liveblogging made my evenings so much better, Debby discovering the ship (in Arclight) was fabulous, and Judith crying over me crying over If You Find Me... Well, I was very proud.

I only managed to read one (If You Find Me) and a half (Angelfall) books for the debut-a-thon since I was so busy with work and with hosting. And with getting drunk for my village's Feast Day. But seeing everyone else in the tag on Twitter was amazing! I want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who signed up and took part. There were almost seventy people signed up by the end of the event, which is dozens more than I was expecting. 

Even better, Jess and Judith have convinced me to host this read-a-thon again! I'm thinking about doing it during December so we can read the 2013 releases that have yet to be released, and then again next June. What do you think? Would you participate again?

One more thing, I still haven't announced the winners for most of the giveaways. I'll get to that next week, hopefully. I'm waiting for the Jennifer Rush giveaway to end (you have until tomorrow!), and then I need to pay for my passport renewal. THEN I will announce the winners! 

Thanks once again, and here's to a fantastic month of July! *dances*

10 comments:

  1. YES! YES! I would like another debut-a-thon! And December would be perfect!
    I should probably get my hands on a copy of If You Find Me soon. Everyone has been going on about it and I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea to do another debut-a-thon! Hopefully, next time I will have more time to read and not be as busy! Still, I owe it to the debut-a-thon for making me read The Madman's Daughter which turned out to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If You Find Me was one of my favourite reads of this past month too and that is thanks to you and the Debutathon! Roll on December! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee can't wait till December then :)

    You can pass that pre-order of Split Second over to me, btw. #wantsobad

    I can't wait to see your book of the month for July. ANGELFALL? ALL OUR YESTERDAYS?? EEEEEEEP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BOOK OF THE MONTH OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSS. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOOK OF THE MONTH OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSS. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOOK OF THE MONTH OMG OMG YESSSSSSSSSS. I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 books is still pretty good! Thanks for hosting the debutathon, it was really fun and I would definitely do it again. Possibly late November or early December? the end of December is just all kinds of busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved If You Find Me, glad to hear you did to.

    YES to another Debutathon! Thank you for organising it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, I'll definitely join another read-a-thon! :D I had so much fun. I read If you find me too because of the things I heard and I agree. Such a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!