30 December 2012

Monthly Wrap Up: December 2012

As you can see, December was an AMAZING month for reading. This is the most amount of books I have ever read in a month. Ever. I'm amazed with myself. I have to thank Lani from Read It, Reviewed It for forcing me to read the Lux series, because without her book pushing I wouldn't have read this fantastic series for a long while. The month isn't over yet, but I doubt I'll be finishing any other books so here they all are:
Books Read in December:
1. Burning Blue by Paul Griffin (Enjoyable)
2. Ironskin by Tina Connolly (Bland)
3. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
4. Mystic City by Theo Lawrence (Essential)
5. Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi (Essential)
6. Variant by Robison Wells (Essential)
7. Gravity by Melissa West (Enjoyable)
8. The Disappeared by C. J. Harper (Essential)
9. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
10. Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff (Bland)
11. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi (Essential)
12. Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum (Enjoyable)
13. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
14. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes (Bland)
15. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (All Time Favourite)
16. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout (All Time Favourite)
17. Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout (All Time Favourite)
18. Infinite Sky by C. J. Flood (Bland)
19. The Prey by Andrew Fukuda (Essential)
20. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (Enjoyable)
Book of the Month:
I'm sorry, I couldn't pick just one! I have fallen in love with this series. Everything about it is perfect, from the characters to the dialogue, and Jennifer's writing style in general is just FLAWLESS. I cannot express how much I have enjoyed reading this series so far. I read all three books in under a week! And now I have to wait seven months for the fourth book *cries* Luckily JLA has another YA series that I can get into!
Reviews:
In 2012 I read 132 books! Not bad at all, considering in 2011 I 'only' read ~106! I'm only setting my reading goal at 100 books for 2013, because I'm hoping to get a job, and that will probably cut into my reading time. Unless anyone wants to pay me to read? 

Happy New Year, everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. DUDE. You got a lot of reading done this month! Congrats. :D *throws confetti*

    I loved TTEN as well and thought Ironskin was bland too!

    Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read one of Jennifer's books lately . . . they sound So good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a lot of books! That must feel good :D I see some books I really want to read.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your Tweets about the Lux series, i HAVE to read them myself now! Wow! 20 books! Thats amazing! Well done :)

    Star :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!