I had a great month in July, but August was even better! I have had a fantastic month this month, both with reading and with my real life stuff. I surpassed my reading goal for the month, I took part in Bout of Books and met some great people, and I introduced Tatum to One Tree Hill. She's currently dying from Naley feels, or she would be here with me.
Books Read in August
1. The Meeting by Richelle Mead (Goodreads counts it, and I do too)
2. Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
3. Wool by Hugh Howey
4. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
5. The End Games by T. Michael Martin
6. Good For You by Tammara Webber
7. Here Without You by Tammara Webber
8. The Elites by Natasha Ngan
9. Professor Gargoyle by Charles Gilman
10. The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman
11. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
12. Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout
I didn't get around to finishing some of the books that I wanted to, unfortunately. But I made a start. I'm also in between books right now because The Burning Sky was so boring that it put me into a reading funk. I think I need something light.
Once again, I'm just going to list a huge pile of books and see which ones I can get to. I'm a few weeks ahead with my reading, so that's given me some flexibility when it comes to my TBR pile. Tatum and I are reading banned books for Banned Book Week, so I have a few of those on my pile as well. I'm very excited for them! That said, I'm not sure how many of these I'm going to be able to read, since I'm off to Rome in a few weeks and that might put a downer on my reading time.
1. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
2. Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
6. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
7. Blackout by Robison Wells
8. Resist by Sarah Crossan
9. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
10. The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer
11. Shift by Hugh Howey
12. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Last month, Judith and I started an impromptu book club called Epic Recs. The basic idea is that each month we will recommend one book to each other, and we'll try to get it read ASAP. Of course, since Judith is going through a severe Vampire Academy meltdown right now, she still hasn't read my rec from August. But that can be forgiven because Rose and Dimitri.
These are what we have picked for September...
I'm very hesitant to read Shatter Me because I've heard that it's weird. But then again, I like weird things. I recommended Unraveling to Judith because OF COURSE I DID. And she'll have to read Unbreakable soon as well because it is even better than the first book. Mwhahaha.