31 August 2013

August Wrap Up and September TBR



I had a great month in July, but August was even better! I have had a fantastic month this month, both with reading and with my real life stuff. I surpassed my reading goal for the month, I took part in Bout of Books and met some great people, and I introduced Tatum to One Tree Hill. She's currently dying from Naley feels, or she would be here with me.

Books Read in August

1. The Meeting by Richelle Mead (Goodreads counts it, and I do too)
2. Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
3. Wool by Hugh Howey
4. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
5. The End Games by T. Michael Martin
6. Good For You by Tammara Webber
7. Here Without You by Tammara Webber
8. The Elites by Natasha Ngan
9. Professor Gargoyle by Charles Gilman
10. The Slither Sisters by Charles Gilman
11. Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
12. Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout

Currently Reading

I didn't get around to finishing some of the books that I wanted to, unfortunately. But I made a start. I'm also in between books right now because The Burning Sky was so boring that it put me into a reading funk. I think I need something light.

Book of the Month

This book traumatised me.
Once again, I'm just going to list a huge pile of books and see which ones I can get to. I'm a few weeks ahead with my reading, so that's given me some flexibility when it comes to my TBR pile. Tatum and I are reading banned books for Banned Book Week, so I have a few of those on my pile as well. I'm very excited for them! That said, I'm not sure how many of these I'm going to be able to read, since I'm off to Rome in a few weeks and that might put a downer on my reading time.

1. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
2. Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
3. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
5. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
6. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
7. Blackout by Robison Wells
8. Resist by Sarah Crossan
9. The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer
10. The Lord of Opium by Nancy Farmer
11. Shift by Hugh Howey
12. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Last month, Judith and I started an impromptu book club called Epic Recs. The basic idea is that each month we will recommend one book to each other, and we'll try to get it read ASAP. Of course, since Judith is going through a severe Vampire Academy meltdown right now, she still hasn't read my rec from August. But that can be forgiven because Rose and Dimitri.

These are what we have picked for September...

 I'm very hesitant to read Shatter Me because I've heard that it's weird. But then again, I like weird things. I recommended Unraveling to Judith because OF COURSE I DID. And she'll have to read Unbreakable soon as well because it is even better than the first book. Mwhahaha.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great August and September will be better (trip to Rome--yes please!) Aw, sad you didn't enjoy The Burning Sky! I really liked that one. I have yet to read Unbreakable though I've heard awesome things.

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love that Epic Recs things you guys started. It's a lot of fun! Me and my reading buddies are like that too but we just do it everyday instead of every month haha. Congratulations on your reading for August and good luck for Septemeber! Fresh new season. <3
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list for Augustus and it looks like you have some great books waiting for you in September :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand Tatum dying because of the One Tree Hill feels; I used to love that show! Although I haven't watched all of the seasons yet, which I must do!
    I hope you enjoy Shatter Me! It's a favourite of mine but I know some people think differently. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts after you've finished it.
    Best of luck for September!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I need to pick up Unravelling AND Shatter Me in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg is the Tammara Webber book THAT book? Also, you're never gonna finish The School for Good and Evil. Face it. It's Matched all over again. (Not judging though, I liked it but it was boooooring.) Also, I'm happy you understand my meltdown <3 Shatter Me is not weird! Well, it kind of is but who cares. The writing is beautiful and I'm 100% certain you're gonna ship the wrong ship because hello, Warner is the evil one, and I know you. So.

    ROSE AND DIMITRI THOUGH AMBER HOW WILL I EVER SURVIVE THIS BOOK I WILL DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh- it traumatised you? Great- I love a good book that rips your heart out! Will have to check out Here Without You definitely.
    :D
    Sounds like August was a good month for you, and hopefully September will be the same. Here's My August Wrap-up Post with my favourite book of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, Fahrenheit 451... I hated it. Have fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Meeting...I wish we could read more from Dimitri's POV! What did you think of Origin? Given the ending of Opal, I had to read it the day it came out. So good! Fragments...one of my favorites! I think it's even better than Partials! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, I LOVE To Kill A Mockingbird! Such a great book! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. STORMDANCER.

    I AM SORRY I AM JUST READING THIS NOW.

    I AM VERY BEHIND.

    BUT STORMDANCER.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!