01 August 2013

Introducing Epic Recs!

Judith and I have a problem. Actually, it's less of a problem, and more of a slight over-the-top addiction that we just can't get a grip on. We keep recommending books (and TV shows) to each other! Why is this a problem, you ask? Sure, it all sounds like sunshine and rainbows, until I remind you that my to-be-read pile is already 600+ books high, and Judith's very behind on the television side of things.

So we were chatting the other day, and Judith was trying to get me to read The Selection, which I really, really don't want to read. Then we decided to make a deal: I'd read one of Judith's recommendations each month, and she'd read one of mine. This seemed perfectly fair to me, especially since Judith will also have to watch a bunch of shows as well. Mwahahaha. Anyway, out of this conversation came an epic plan: EPIC RECS!

Epic Recs is an impromptu book club that consists of just myself and Judith. It's all very exclusive, y'all should be jealous. Like I mentioned, each month Judith and I will recommend a book to each other, and we'll have to read it. Some months we'll have themes and such. For example, this first month has a theme of light versus dark. I'm sure you're all curious about what we'll be reading this first month, so - drum roll, please.


I've allocated Judith the lovely task of reading Arclight by Josin L. McQuein, mostly because I want to see if she ships the ship that everyone else ships. Do you get what I'm saying? Tatum, Christina, and Debby have already discovered the fabulous coupling in this book, so it's only fair that I force Judith to join us, right?

As for me, I'll be reading Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo! I'm not even going to complain or be sarcastic here, because this is an AMAZING first rec. I hope. I've been wanting to get to it ever since I finished Shadow and Bone, because Judith's tweets about an infamous sexy pirate and an OT4 made me soooo curious, but I haven't been able to fit it in anywhere. Thankfully, Judith gave me a reason to pick it up!

So, what do you think? Will you be following us on our adventures? Have you read either of these books already, and wish to cheer us on? Go crazy in the comments below! 

13 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I'll definitely be following because half the books I see you recommending to each other are books I love/want to read. Arclight is one I haven't read yet, but oh my god Siege and Storm. That's GOOD. Sexy pirates just add to the amazing plot. I hope you enjoy it!

    Bec @ Ransom Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We thought so too :D Haha, I didn't know people were taking notice of our recommendations! That's awesome. I'M SO EXCITED FOR SIEGE AND STORM I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. My Amazon package needs to get here faster!

      Delete
  2. I've actually read both of those and loved them! Great idea, by the way! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so great to hear! It'd be really awkward if we recommended terrible books :D

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, I love this idea! Being able to force your bestie to read things. I want to do it, but I already have a people force me to read things feature. But I want to do it with a bestie. Wahhhh. I guess I do readalongs with Lili. That's pretty epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha thanks XD Readalongs are always epic, as long as you don't do them with me. I'm pretty sure I'm cursed. You should totally find someone to do it with!

      Delete
  4. Such a fun idea.... thought considering the brains behind it.... not surprised. You ladies sure do know how to ASSEMBLE!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... you guys should totally set people up with partners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this idea. :)

    I also plan to read Siege and Storm . . . after I first get to Shadow and Bone, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Shadow and Bone was fantastic, so I have high hopes for Siege! If you're into fantasy adventures, I think you'd really like Shadow and Bone :D

      Delete
  7. I like this idea. :)

    I also plan to read Siege and Storm . . . after I first get to Shadow and Bone, of course.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!