06 August 2013

Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels


Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Sequels

This was tough for me, since most of the books that I read are part of a series. It took me a while to think up ten whole books, but I pulled it off in the end. Go me!

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
Maybe not a sequel, but a spin-off series or something. I'm still holding out hope that there's going to be either a Founders series, or even Hogwarts: A History. I just want to go back to Hogwarts, is that too much to ask?

2. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
A sequel wouldn't have worked in the slightest, but I'm so not ready to let these characters go. Can't we just pretend the epic poem didn't end the way it did, and have a bunch of new adventures? I'd be all for it.

3. Rip Tide by Kat Falls
I think Kat Falls has the rest of this series planned, but as far as I know it's on pause, possibly due to poor sales. This makes me very sad because I love these books. It's such a fun adventure series, and YES, it made me cry. I also fell in love with the villain, so I'm hoping to see more of him in the future. Perhaps he can get his own spin-off?

4. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
Mostly because I want more zombies and more character deaths. I'm cruel, okay?

5. The Disappeared by C. J. Harper
Is this getting a sequel? The ending could work both ways. I definitely want to see what happens to these characters next, and if the author can tackle tougher topics like she did in this first book, then I definitely NEED a sequel.

6. Feedback by Robison Wells
I absolutely hated the ending of this book, and I was shocked to discover that there is no sequel! Seriously, it read as though it was all building up to something, and then it just... ended. It was awful.

7. Forgotten by Cat Patrick
I want to learn more about... just everything. The ending was kind of cliffhanger-y, so I honestly thought there was going to be a sequel. Alas.

8. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
I'd be more than happy to read more about Cayman go through some things that she's obviously going to go through due to the end of this book. Look at me, being all spoiler-free and all! Basically I just want more Kasie West books.

9. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Because I like to pretend that the latter books in this series don't exist. We can start over again, right?

10. Outside In by Maria V. Snyder
I NEED IT. This is another case of a series not selling well and the publishers deciding not to continue with the series. I adore these books, and they introduced me to Maria, one of my favourite authors. I'm very sad about there not being a third book!

16 comments:

  1. I agree with you on The Distance Between Us. I didn't really feel like it was an ending and it just left me with a bunch of questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on The Distance Between Us! I would love to get a HP story of what happened between the ending of Hallows and the epilogue. I read Inside Out, but I haven't finished the series yet. Great list!

    Reading with ABC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read The Distance Between Us. I wonder if I'll want a sequel too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! The Disappeared is on mine too, I just finished it last week and the first thing I did was to check there was or is going to be a sequel! And there is! It's on Goodreads and is called The Wilderness and due out in February next year :)

    My Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with The Dark and Hollow Places. I loved all of those books and would love to read more. I've actually not read the majority of books on your list--and now I'm curious about them.

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one was hard. I had a couple right off, but everything else was like pulling teeth.

    Bahahaha, I am so not surprised to see you put The Song of Achilles on here. I love that you loved it so much. Also, hilarious because all the main characters are dead.

    MORE KASIE WEST BOOKS.

    I thought about Outside In too, but I don't remember how it ended, so I couldn't put it on. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maria V. Snyder. I recently read the Study series and loved them! I have Inside Out and Outside In, but I haven't read them yet. And The Distance Between Us, loved Caymen! So funny and snarky, I could definitely read more about her. A book set during her college years? Fun! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW DID I NOT HAVE HARRY POTTER ON MY LIST!??! I FAIL AT LIFE!!! But seriously, so true. I would so be down for a spin-off series...I'll do anything to get back in that world...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to return to Harry Potter. Doesn't matter who she is going to use, I just need more HP in my life <3

    More of Carrie Ryan's series, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would read 10 more books about HP, love that series so much! Great list:)

    TTT @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got Song of Achilles on hold at the library. Several people have shouted its praises! Can't wait! Also haven't heard very many people talking about the Outside In series by Snyder, which I really did love too! The twist ending in book 1 was awesome.

    Regarding Harry Potter - epilogue in book, okay. Epilogue in movie? Nooooooo. I always turn it off when it fades out with the trio standing on the wall at Hogwarts. THAT'S IT. THE MOVIE IS OVER.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, third book to Inside Out and Outside In please. I had that on my list. But what would the title be? "Everywhere"?

    And I do not know you because Bloodrose is my favourite of the trilogy. But yay for Snakeroot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree entirely when it comes to Harry Potter. I just don't want to leave that world yet!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If there was a sequel to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I'd be so excited. I think everyone just wants more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely agree about a spin-off HP series. I'm worried though, since I've heard that JK has said she'll never write in that world again :(

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  16. TDBUUUUUUUU :D Oh I am so excited for On The Fence now though. Can it be next year already plz? x_x

    YES to a Harry Potter spin-off. I dunno how it would work... but... Well, I'm still always going to read anything JK brings out, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!