03 September 2011

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent

My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers #3
Release: April 15, 2011 (UK) 
Publisher: MIRA
Rating: 5 out of 5
Buy the Book: Amazon USAmazon UK
Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them. Until something does.

Demon's breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow, the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked. And when the epidemic hits too close to home, Kaylee will have to risk everything to save those she loves. - Goodreads Page
I love this series so, so much! If you’re a regular reader of my blog then you should know this by now. I’ve read all of the books already, by for some reason I have yet to review the latest three. This is about to change.


So we left off with My Soul to Save (Book #2), with Tod’s ex girlfriend staying in the Netherworld despite the trio’s attempts to save her and her sister from the bad guys. Somehow, the lethal substance Demon’s Breath has made its way into the human realm, and Kaylee, Nash and Tod must try to find the dealer and stop them from giving the stuff to humans, who would probably die if they became too addicted.

Kaylee was so strong in this book, she’s really coming a long way. She journeys back and forth to the Netherworld – accidentally, of course, no one would go there alone on purpose – and she also has to put up with her boyfriend acting like a prat. All the while, she has to try to solve the mystery of who is dealing the Demon’s Breath before her classmates get hurt. I love Kaylee, she’s a great female protagonist – one that doesn’t annoy me! – and she’s a tough lady.

There’s also a mysterious new character that is introduced. I won’t say too much about them, but they added a whole new dynamic to the book, and I loved it.

I don’t really need to point out how much I love Tod, but I’m going to do so anyway. He’s bloody amazing! He’s so caring, and yet he has this bad boy/sarcastic image to uphold. He and Kaylee should hurry up and get together. Tod is also kind of a hero in my eyes, because he punches Nash at some point. LOVE!

Needless to say, I hate Nash. I hated him before this book, and since reading this one I have hated him even more. I think most of you guys will too. He is vile. Really. The way he treats Kaylee is just awful, and he should just go DIAF or something. No one would miss him, and I think Kaylee would get over him pretty easily. She has Tod, after all.

Definitely go out and buy this series, because it’s blimmin’ awesome. If you didn’t already know, it’s one of my all time favourites, and if you’re a new follower then you’ll soon get used to me pushing these books at you. I’m a pusher, yes.

32 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book and I already hate Nash... Something is just plain off about him. Tod all the way! Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cicely! :D I'm glad you're Team Tod. You're not going to be heartbroken once you read this one. Ugh. I hate Nash! >.< *high five*

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower! [:

    Great review! I'll definitely have to look into getting into this series, I have been hearing so much good about it. Glad you enjoyed it so much. [:

    Erin @ Let's Evaluate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooved this book! So glad you liked it! I agree Kaylee has come a long way. And you know, I used to be Team Nash, but I think I'm turning. I just know something's gonna happen in If I Die... Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed these books, I dont think I can wait for If I Die to be released in the UK so i think i am going to cheat and buy e-books of the next one and If I Die :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed these books, I dont think I can wait for If I Die to be released in the UK so i think i am going to cheat and buy e-books of the next one and If I Die :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to read these books, they sound amazing! Thanks for stopping by on my blog, i'm following now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about this series so am glad that it continues to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I so need to get my butt in gear and read this series. What am I waiting for?? Guess I'll head over to the bookstore and fill the void on my bookcase. LOL. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! thanks for stopping by =9. I already read this series and longing for If I die! I hope you the rest of them =9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I haven't read this series yet, but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I finally have book one on it's way to me. Can't wait to read it, book three sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've only read the first book! I really need to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stopped reading the Soul Screamers series for various reasons, mostly boiling down to the fact that they started to annoy me. But, now, I'm considering starting up again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin - Thank you! I'm always telling everyone about this series, it really is excellent.

    Liz - Thanks! I'm holding my breath for If I Die. I can totally see something happening between Kaylee and Tod :D

    Michelle - I'm glad you're enjoying the series! *high five* I'm definitely going to be buying the ebook of If I Die. It doesn't come out in the UK until next year :o

    Eleonora - Thanks for following! This series is fantastic.

    Jenny - It definitely continues to get better and better!

    Jennifer - Thanks! And yes, you definitely need to get your butt in gear, haha! I look forward to seeing what you think of them.

    Natalia - No problem! I know, I'm so excited for If I Die! Not long now.

    Athena - Thanks!

    Books Sake - You do? Excellent! I can't wait to see what you think. It's spectacular!

    Shanella - Did you enjoy the first book? The series gets much better! :D

    A. Knight - Really? I'm so happy to have rekindled your interest! What annoyed you about it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow- sounds great! I haven't read this series yet, but I'm eager to get started. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great! Haven't read the series yet but I'm looking forward to doing so soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know everyone has been telling me to start this Series, but I'm not too sure I want to start yet another series.... you know what I mean? Unless, It's worth it.... What do you think? I really would appreciate your feedback :)

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Agreed about Nash and Tod. Nash shows some pretty typical addict behavior, though, so I can't blame him 100%, but Kaylee so doesn't need to be putting up with that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great review! I've actually only read up to and finished #2 (stance: enjoyable but not amazing), but it looks like I'll definitely need to consider #3... Especially since we get some more Tod. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you hate Nash!?!?!??!

    Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lucy - If you do start reading this series, then do let me know what you think! I'd love to know.

    SPOILERS!

    Audrey - I don't blame Nash at all for his addict behaviour. I blame him for what he let Avari do to Kaylee while he was in her body. He should have told Kaylee about it after it happened. I will never forgive him for letting Avari abuse her. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jenn - Thanks! There's a lot more of Tod in the next two books. I'm not sure about If I Die, but I can imagine he's going to be in it a lot ;)

    Lissa - Did you read this book? If so, read my reply to Audrey. It explains why I hate Nash so much. :D Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to read this. :)

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is an awesome cover for My Soul to Keep.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this series! I have this book from the library, and can't wait to start it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I liked this one, although I was disappointed with Nash's behaviour. And I thought Kaylee was being too reckless as well. This is definitely an interesting series and I'm looking forward to Book 5, but I hope it's better than Book 4, because the relationship drama in that one drove me CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just read this a week ago and loved it as well. Can't wait to continue the series.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The graphic designed wanna-be in me loves this cover!




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read this books yet! And I can't wait to. I'm still looking around my local bookstores for these books and it looks like I have to buy them online. -.- Thanks so much for the comment on My IMM! I love your header! Dean is shoooo hawt! I'll be following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've heard so much about this series, and I DEFINITELY have to get a copy!! :D Great Review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!