24 June 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

Book Blogger Hop

When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?

From an early age, I think. I've always loved books and reading, and I always tried hard to find the right books for me while I was in primary school. Most of the other kids were reading books for their age group, but I wanted to read other books for slightly higher age groups, as I found most of the ones for my age too simple. I set out trying to find the best books for me, and the more I read, the more passionate I became about books and reading and literature in general. 
I can't put an exact age or time frame on it. But I can say that book blogging has made me even more passionate about reading than I was before!



In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

I actually haven't read many fae novels. The one that springs to mind is The Iron King by Julie Kagawa. A lot of people have probably said this. This was the first fairy-centric book that I read, and I absolutely loved it.
As for my favourite fairytale, I love the story of Rapunzel. Does that count? :D

8 comments:

  1. Hi, new follower stopping by from the blog hops! I have to read The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa really soon! Happy Friday and check out my Follow Friday post on my blog!

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I'm just popping by from Parajunkee.

    With so many people mentioning Iron King it seems like I'm going to have to read it so I can see what all the fuss is about.

    Following you now!

    morsie reads: follow friday post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Amber! New follower here :)

    I'm a huge fan of Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series too! I love the unique way she creates her faery world and how easy it is to picture her book as a movie. And all the characters in her books are just so lovable!

    Rapunzel should definitely count! Have you watched the animated movie Tangled yet? That one is just such an adorable remake! You should definitely go see it! :)

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'm a big fan of Julie Kagawa's books too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I found your blog via Follow Friday, and I'm your newest follower!

    If you get a moment, head over to Teen Fiction Centre, and take a look around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same way with reading. I always had my head in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was the same way as a child! My uncle (a teacher) used to recommend books for me since I tended to read for higher age groups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm a new follower

    I just want to say that I like the "Jensen Approves" header :-)

    ~Christy @ Love of Books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!