17 June 2011

Follow Friday!

Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

Come on, just one favourite? Really? I don't know how to choose. 
I really love dystopian novels. Really really love them. But at the same time, I feel that some books can get a bit repetitive if they aren't done well. A lot of dystopians have the same sort of theme. But I guess that can be true with any genre. 
I also LOVE paranormal, of course. There are so many different things that can be done with paranormal - and fantasy, let's throw fantasy in there too - and I have read so, so many books within these genres. It hasn't become boring in the slightest. 
Another genre I enjoy is historical fiction, but I haven't read many of those. To be honest, I can count the number I've read recently on one hand. 

Overall, my greatest loves are dystopian and paranormal/fantasy novels. I'm cheating, you say? I don't care; I can't choose. I love all sorts of books! *grin*

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you, paranormal is a really flexible genre! There's still alot of possibilities paranormal AND dystopian authors can explore. I'm looking forward to seeing more unique themes in future YA books:)

    Following you!

    My FF post

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! Happy reading, friend!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here. I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to pick just one! I just stuck with my two current faves, though they're bound to change again by next week. LOL. Have a great weekend.

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber! Yep, but you picked one of the hottest new genres! Happy Friday from a new follower! Hugs, J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha those were my answers too. I love all the stuff authors come up with!

    Have a great weekend!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so difficult to only pick one, I liked your answer!
    Here's my follow friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asking me to Pick my favorite genre is like asking me to pick my favorite food; There's no way I can come up with just one answer!

    Follow me back to my blog and I'll explain - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Thank G-d it's Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dystopian is really popular - its my favourite too! But yeah, its really hard to pick one favourite genre because there are just so many good books out there!

    Hopping through - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!