26 June 2013

Debut-a-Thon: Kick Off!

The debut-a-thon is just around the corner for most of us, while those who live in New Zealand (Greg, I'm looking at you!) get to start RIGHT NOW. This excites me, because the debut-a-thon has still officially begun. Even if I'm not reading yet.

Being British, I won't actually get to start reading for the debut-a-thon for another eleven hours, but I am ready. Beyond ready, in fact. I have my book list (mostly) prepared, I have coffee and food in my bedroom, ready for quick access. The only thing that's not ready and in my bedroom is myself, because by the time you read this I will be at work. But once I'm home at 7PM, I'll be counting down the hours, as well as envying everyone who's in mainland Europe, because they're a whole hour (or two!) ahead of me. *glares at Judith and Debby*. 

Anyway, I hope you're all as excited as I am about this read-a-thon. Thank you so much to everyone who has signed up so far and spread the word. There are, as I'm typing this, over forty people taking part! I know, I nearly cried too. I honestly thought it was just going to be me and Judith!

A brief schedule: 
Thursday, Day One:
- Debut-a-thon Startling Line
- Mini-Challenge #1: Unscramble That Debut

Friday, Day Two: 
- Most Anticipated Debuts + Giveaway
- Mini-Challenge #2: Pair That Debut

Saturday, Day Three: 
- Interview with Jennifer Rush + Giveaway
- Mini-Challenge #3: Poemify That Debut

Sunday, Day Four: 
- Mini-Challenge #4: Solve That Debut

Things to note: 
- Please, please, PLEASE check that the books you are planning on reading are debut novels, whether they are MG, YA, or adult debuts. I would hate for you to start a book only to realise that it doesn't count towards your goals.

- My update and goals post will be going up at midnight, my time. I expect I will make a many changes to it before it actually goes live. 

- I'll be doing daily posts for everyone who wants to link up their updates daily. I'll also be pointing out some awesome challenges that Laura and I have got going on! Those posts will be going up at 8AM, GMT.

- You are always free to tweet me if you have any questions, and if I'm not around (i.e. when I'm at work on Thursday and Friday) then you can tweet your questions to Judith (@paperiot) or Debby (@snugglyoranges) and they'll be happy to help!

- Use the #debutathon hashtag to talk about the read-a-thon on Twitter! Make it easy to follow each other's updates!

- Most importantly, have fun and read like the wind! Good luck everybody.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! Don't worry, I am still 6 hours behind you so blah. But I can't wait. I have all my books, mostly YA ready to go. I will even be carrying two or three wherever I go, just to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can join Judith and Debby as fellow Dutchie. I. Can't. Wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYYYYYY. I just wrote up my post of goals and updates and NOW I'M PUMPED. It will go up at midnight - for me :P 11 for you :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm ready! I'm ready! So excited to get started! 40 people!? That is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!