11 June 2013

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

I know that this isn't the official top ten list for this week, it should in fact be a list of my top ten beach reads, but I haven't actually read many beach reads. Also, on June 25th when this list is meant to go up, I am hosting my debut event and won't be posting memes. Therefore, I thought I would switch it up a bit so I could share this list!

1. Pivot Point by Kasie West
I went into this not knowing what it was about. I requested it on Edelweiss and decided it would be a great read for the beginning of the year. And I was right! This was my first read of 2013, and it's still one of my favourites!

2. Unbreakable by Elizabeth Norris
You don't understand how heartbroken I was after finishing this book. I was not expecting the ending, and I have to admit that I cried my eyes out. And had a breakdown on Twitter that may have scared people.

3. Altered by Jennifer Rush
Once again, I had no idea that this was a thriller. I'm pretty sure I thought it was about angels! But no, Altered took me by surprise and it remains one of my favourite books EVER. The characters are awesome, and the mystery is, well, mysterious!

4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I was kind of shocked by how much I loved Scarlet (the character, as well as the book itself). I had grown attached to Cinder, but when Scarlet was introduced I cheered for joy. She's a badass! I love her so much. And Captain Thorne, of course.

5. Erased by Jennifer Rush
This is the sequel to Altered, which I mentioned above. I'm not going to say too much about it, other than ANNAAAAAAAAA 

6. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
I went into this one hoping for a great contemporary filled with revenge, drama, and bitchiness. And that is exactly what I got, plus a bit more! I'm so excited to read the sequel.

7. Pretty Girl Thirteen by Liz Coley
This one was so chilling! I've never read a YA book as dark as this, and while I think some things could have been improved, I was overall very impressed by how the author handled the subject matter.

8. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein
As well as the interesting world building, I was absolutely captivated by this book's love story! Which is unusual for me, because normally I'm rolling my eyes at the romances in YA. But this one was brilliant, and I kind of want to reread the book just to experience it again. My shipper-self definitely came out to play in this one.

9. Parallel by Lauren Miller
Oh, look! Another parallel universe novel crept into my list. Who could have seen this coming?

10. Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer
I don't usually read novellas, but I make an exception for Kemmerer's. I wanted to read more about Nick Merrick, and WOW. I was really impressed by this one, and I'm so happy that Nick is getting his own book because I think that Brigid really has a chance to do something different and amazing with this character. I won't give away too much, because I quite liked discovering more about Nick by myself!

So, you can either let me know what your top ten reads of this year have been in the comments below, or you can recommend me some beach reads which I am obviously in dire need of! As always feel free to leave your own TTT links below and I'll stop by.

14 comments:

  1. I'm so freaking happy to see Pivot Point at the top of this list! *dances* PERFECT FREAKING BOOK. OH god, now I want to reread it. (It'll also be in my TTT next week ;) )

    You're making me so excited to check out Altered during your debut-a-thon. Like seriously. I think it'll be the first one I pick up :)

    And Parallel!!! EEEEEEEEEEEP. ♥♥

    It's sad though that I've only read three of these ten. I will need to fix this. I might just bookmark this. "Books I'm guaranteed to love because HI BOOKISH TWIN." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you made your topic! I definitely need to read some of these...Burn for Burn looks particularly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'd have to add In the Shadow of Blackbirds to that list :-) This has been a good year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read wierd books on the beach, not happy books LOL

    Arclight is the only one of your list that I've read and that makes me sad. SO MANY GOOD BOOKS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg this list is packed with such good books! I've read and loved many of these! I will have to check the rest out!! I can't believe you already read the sequel to Altered. I am super jealous!!! Awesome list!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert
    our TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I need to have you spoil Erased for me so I know if I want to continue with that series. Also, I should make this list, so I actually do a wrap up at the end of the year this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Pivot Point. It looks great! Fab list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a signed copy of Pretty Girl 13 at home. I am afraid of it! Scarlet was so awesome. I loved it even more than Cinder. Here are my beach reads http://wp.me/pzUn5-1uH

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many books that I want to read so bad! I literally have a list on my wall of books I have to buy soon! :)

    www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scarlet is on my to read list. I enjoyed Cinder a lot so I can't wait to finally get to the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scarlet & Pretty girl thirteen are two books I really, really liked. Arclight, altered & Pivot Point are on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read ANY of these books... *hides* but I might try and read some of them, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really loved SCARLET too! You seem to really enjoy sci-fi, which isn't my favorite genre, but I've got a couple of these books on my TBR pile that I'm looking forward to reading, like PARALLEL and ARCLIGHT. And I'm really looking forward to Elizabeth Norris's second book, because I really like the first one. I need to hurry up and buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was actually super excited to read Arclight, so I'm glad it's made your favorites list. The cover is absolutely beautiful, which initially pulled me in... and then there was the great tagline too. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!