07 June 2013

#WWReadathon: Goals + Updates

Here is me shamelessly signing up for yet another read-a-thon at the last minute! I saw Mel's tweet earlier and thought I would unofficially join in, but then Tabitha just told me to go ahead and sign up. So I am doing just that. I am so spontaneous and fun.

As you may know, I do have a job now (woohoo!) so my reading time has been severely cut. I'm hoping to finish a few books over the course of this week, though! I've listed a bunch of books below to keep with the spontaneous theme, although - as always - there is no way I am going to get to all of them. I'm going to aim for three, including the one that I'm already in the middle of, but if I make it past that I would be so happy.

Currently Reading: 
- Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

Potential Reads:
- Dare You To by Katie McGarry
- Rush by Eve Silver
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainini (I'm currently 25% through)
- The Spartacus War by Barry Strauss (HA, because I may as well traumatise myself some more)
- A Storm of Swords Part 2 by George R. R. Martin (I'm currently 33% through)
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

Books Read (2):
- Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer
- Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer
Day One:
I'm right in the middle of Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer!

Day Two: 
I finished Spirit, and went on to read and finish Breathless, a novella in the same series. I loved both books!
I've started reading Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead! I'm very excited.

So yes, too many books, too little time. Aim: Three books, including Spirit which I am currently reading and have about 30% to go. I'll be updating everything in this post so I don't overload you all, and then I'll do a wrap up post at the end. Wish me luck!

18 comments:

  1. Good luck! Way too little time in the day for all the wonderful reads out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I either need a time machine, or find a way to make myself immortal long enough to read all the books. Where is Nicolas Flamel when you need him?

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, some of those are on my TBR too. I have Spirit somewhere in my Netgalley vaults, and Gameboard of the Gods and Dare You To, but I am holding off on Dare You To because I haven't read the first one and didn't realize it was a sequel when I requested. I am bad about that.

    Lisa @ Just Another Rabid Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey which reader is that? Just curious.

      Delete
    2. Haha, I used to always request sequels without realising, back when I requested stuff like crazy.

      It's a Kindle Fire! Not the HD, just the normal one :)

      Delete
    3. I am horrible about that, like half my TBR pile has been put off because I didn't know they were sequels.

      And I thought so but was not sure. I have the Nook Tablet, the one they only made for a year before they came out with the HD and then discontinued mine and voided my danged warranty because they don't make it any more lol.

      Delete
  3. Nice list! I really need to start reading Richelle Mead this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe you haven't read any Richelle Mead yet!

      Delete
  4. Good luck! Awesome you've joined us! Gameboard of the Gods is on my list as well! I know I will never get to all the books on my list either, I always like be optimistic though.. right? LOL

    Rush sounds fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Optimism beats pessimism! I'd rather list a lot than run out of things to read. Same goes for buying books.

      I'm a bit hesitant to read Rush because I've heard not-so-good things, but I'm hoping I'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  5. Good Luck! I hope you achieve your goal. I have yet to read Spark but I did love Storm =). Hope you are enjoying the books =)

    Ange @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ange! Spark wasn't as good as Storm, in my opinion, but it was still excellent. I hope you get the chance to read it soon!

      Delete
  6. Good luck - I'm sure you'll do great. I'm also going to try to read more this weekend and daily than usual since I started working again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Erin! Oh, congrats on starting work again! It's definitely difficult to fit in reading, huh?

      Delete
  7. Gah work is always so in the WAY. But the fundage is awesome ;)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, congrats on the new job! :D I'm curios to see what you think of Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn. It seems people either love it or hate. I'm hoping to pick it up (and love it) when it's released. It's sounds like a book that will mess with your mind. xD

    Goodluck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I wish I had more time to read too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're doing really well! Two books down already. Wow. I've only finished one. I just got Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!