13 May 2013

Bout of Books 7.0: Goals and Updates

Bout of Books

Bout of Books 7.0 is upon us! I haven't taken part in this particular read-a-thon before, but since I enjoyed Dewey's (my first read-a-thon ever!) so much, I thought I might as well do this one. I'm super excited!

I'll be putting all of my goals and updates into this one post just to keep things neat. I'm not sure which challenges I'll be taking part in, but my main goals are to read at least four books, and to chat with the rest of the readers who are taking part this week! I can't wait to dive right in.

Goals

So, here are the ten books on my Bout of Books list. I'm definitely not expecting to get to all of them, but I want to make a dent in this pile and I like to keep my options fairly open. All of these are for review apart from one (How My Summer...), and they sound AWESOME. There are a few contemporaries in there which I think I might be able to fit in between some of the sci-fi or dystopian books, just to switch it up a bit. Eep!


When it comes to reviewing, I want to review three of the ones that I read, as well as take notes for the rest. I think I'll probably take notes via Goodreads updates or something to make it easier.

Updates

Monday
Currently reading: The Summer I Became a Nerd
What I've read: - 
Pages read: 167 PDF pages... I don't know what that is in physical copy pages!

Tuesday
Currently reading: The School for Good and Evil
What I've read: The Summer I Became a Nerd
Pages read: 326

Wednesday
Currently reading: The School for Good and Evil, Erased
What I've read: The Summer I Became a Nerd
Pages read: 703

Thursday
Currently reading: The School for Good and Evil, Unbreakable
What I've read: The Summer I Became a Nerd, Erased, How My Summer Went Up in Flames (DNF)
Pages read: 823

Friday
Currently reading: Unbreakable, The School for Good and Evil
What I've read: The Summer I Became a Nerd, Erased, How My Summer Went Up in Flames (DNF)
Pages read: 881

Saturday
Currently reading: Unbreakable, The School for Good and Evil
What I've read: Frostbite: The Graphic Novel, The Summer I Became a Nerd, Erased, How My Summer Went Up in Flames (DNF)
Pages read: 1037

Sunday
Currently reading:
What I've read:
Pages read:

If you are taking part in Bout of Books 7.0, let me know! I'll probably be updating my Twitter regularly. Also feel free to link up your own goals posts in the comments and I'll come and check them out. I'd love to know what your goals are!

17 comments:

  1. 10 books!! Good luck.. one year I made a goal of 5 books. Then I calculated the number of pages and the number of hours I would have to read and in the end it didn't happen! LOL!

    Angie
    My goals for Bout of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ten definitely won't happen, but I hope that four will :D

      Delete
  2. Yep taking part! A whole week of reading bliss! Come take a look if you want Amber!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you, 10 books won't even be an issue hahaha. My list currently consists of 4 so um. Dare You To is also on there because I'm currently reading PTL (FINALLY I KNOW) and I'm loving it. And I'm excited for you to read most of these! Aaaand I'm rambling. Adios amigo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pssshh, you're forgetting about my ability to procrastinate! AMIGA* I'm a lady!

      Delete
    2. But amigo sounds so much better :(

      Delete
  4. Now that's a great list of books :) The Summer I Became a Nerd is actually my 1st #BoutOfBooks read, and so far it's been fun :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoyed The Summer I Became a Nerd! It wasn't terrible, thank goodness! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I am such a slow reader that if I get four books done this week I will be maga impressed with myself! I am also hoping to read Dare You To- I have big expectations when it comes to that book. Good luck this week!

    Sara @ Just Another Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Dare You To is going to be GREAT. Thanks Sara! <3

      Delete
  6. The school for good and evil!! & The end games, two books I'm very excited about :D Happy reading and good luck!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The School for Good and Evil is HUGE. I wasn't expecting that! Thank you Mel!

      Delete
  7. The End Games sounds awesome and I can't wait to see what you think of The Summer I Became A Nerd. Good luck with your goals! Here's the link to mine: http://yabookmark.blogspot.com/2013/05/bout-of-books-goals-and-updates.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't get into The End Games when I started it a little while ago, but I'm hoping I can later on :D

      Delete
  8. You have a great list of books to get through Amber! I can't wait to see what you think of How My Summer Went Up in Flames and Right of Way! Good luck with your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasprit! I'm so excited for these contemporaries!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting!