23 May 2013

Frostbite: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead, Emma Vieceli and Leigh Dragoon

Frostbite: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead, Emma Vieceli and Leigh Dragoon
Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel #2
Release Date: May 24, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Source: Bought
Goodreads Stars: 4
Rating: Essential

Buy the Book: Amazon UK

The drama and romance continue in this 144-page full-color graphic novel adaptation of the second Vampire Academy novel, Frostbite, which was overseen by Richelle Mead and features beautiful art by acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli. - Goodreads

 I have put off buying this graphic novel for the longest time because when I read the first one I had to wait a year to get my hands on this. So of course it was only natural to wait an extra year in the hopes that the wait for Shadow Kiss wouldn't be too painful. I don't even know when the Shadow Kiss graphic novel is coming out, but I got this while Bout of Books was on and just thought I could do with a quick, fun read.

This is a crappy review because how am I meant to review a graphic novel of a book I have already read? I have no idea what to say!

Let's talk about the artwork, shall we? Of course, the drawings were fantastic. I loved seeing my favourite characters come to life (again). Adrian is introduced in this one, and I have to say that he looks AWESOME. I'm so pleased with how Vieceli drew him, and I'm impressed that she got those arrogant smirks down!

Another character that I loved was Christian. Obviously, since he's my favourite in the novels as well. There was a lot of Christian in this one, and ohmygawd, you get to see him shirtless. It's fine, I'm totally cool.

The ending broke my heart all over again. It looked exactly as I imagined it, and my heart hurts just thinking about it now. They did such a great job with that scene! *cries*

I think that fans of the VA novels will LOVE this graphic novel series! It's so great to see your favourite books in this format. The only thing I didn't like about this is that it skimmed over some of the things that I would have included. Which is why I am not a graphic novelist (is that a word?).

So, because this review was a bit shit, and I don't really know what to say without spoiling everything, have some pictures:
 Sorry, couldn't resist!
 Christian and Adrian clearly don't like each other.
 *dies*
 *dies some more*
I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS PICTURE IN THE BACK OMG

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I've never even seen these. Loved the series though, might have to buy them!
    aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!