21 May 2013

Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Click the pictures to make them bigger!


Taken by Erin Bowman
While I wasn't a fan of the actual book (at all), I adore this cover. The colours they've used are lovely, and I especially love the orange!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
You can see her robotic foot. Her. Robotic. Foot.

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Again, I was't a fan of the book, but this cover is beautiful! I love all the white and grey, and then the bits of red. And the blood on the bottom of her dress is A+

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
I wasn't sure whether to use this cover, or the cover of Demonglass, because I love them both. I like the reflection in the pond, and the misty woods behind her!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I'm not usually a huge fan of "Girl in a Dress" covers, but I love this one, mainly because Mara is potentially drowning and Noah is holding her up. I also love the font!

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
This is a series about bean sidhe (banshees), so I think the girl screaming on the cover is an excellent idea! Much better than the Girl in a Dress US covers.

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
I will never not be upset about this cover change. I ordered this book from the US just so I could have this beauty. And then they went and made the covers look like some cheap self-published crap. Ugh. In real life, you can see the sparkles and this cover is absolutely stunning. 

Splintered by A. G. Howard
I didn't like this book either, but this cover... SAHFLSHGLDHS. I adore it! The artist is so talented.

Tempest by Julie Cross
This one is awesome. I love that the models are falling through the sky, and are just out of reach of each other. It reflects the story pretty well! I also like the fact that you can't see their faces, because I really don't like seeing that on covers. *ignores the fact that most of my favourites have faces on them*

The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse
This cover is AMAZING. I'm so jealous, because I have the UK cover in which the model is basically Katniss. I love the dots and lines, and the stuff inside the "model's" head. So good.

17 comments:

  1. I agree about the cover of Taken but the story, ugh, I wasn't a fan at all. Shame b/c the cover is what draws me in and the blurb was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great covers of so many books I really need to read! I love the cover of Hex Hall and came really closing to using it myself. And I do like the cover of My Soul To Take. Great list Amber!

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Specially the ones for Taken and Splintered, too bad I haven't read them yet :( Great picks!


    Reading with ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Forsaken cover - very artsy!

    CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all have such amazing covers. I loved the Splintered cover!

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, great choices! I especially love the Rachel Vincent cover. Very simple, but evocative. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TAKEN has such a good spine, too! It practically leapt off the shelf when I was browsing the other day. And I love the MARA DYER cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Anna! I love that cover too. And Taken looks nice, but, well... ;).

    I have the UK version of The Forsaken too and I was so disappointed when I unwrapped it.

    Great list :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover for Cinder is so cool, and I love the colors in the Taken cover! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/05/20/bookcovers/

    Alice @ Alice in Readerland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinder was really close to making my list, but alas. Still pretty though :) Anna Dressed in Blood looks so pretty and makes me so sad that it's totally not my thing, haha. And I love how your first pick is a book you absolutely hated xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a lot in common this week. I have Anna, the Unbecoming, and Splintered on mine. I love the covers for Taken and Tempest. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the covers for Anna & Mara! I much prefer the US edition of Forsaken too, which is why I haven't bought it yet!
    I really like the US cover of Tempest too! But I prefer the UK one.
    The cover for Splintered is beautiful!
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Soul to Take with the screaming girl is a great choice, I also like that it shows the content so well!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was also really angry about the cover redesign for the Nightshade series. So disappointing. I waffled a lot about adding Anna Dressed in Blood to my list- but in the end I didn't. So many books to chose from.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cinder is on my list also.

    My TTT: http://rachaelc94.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-covers-i-love-of-books-i-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these soooo much. Mara Dyer is just too pretty (I also love the third one btw!), Anna Dressed in Blood looks SO GOOD (even though I think it may be too scary for me lol) and while I liked Scarlet more than Cinder, both of these covers are amazing. Also: THE FORSAKEN. I looooooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Taken's cover, but am so scared to read it because of all the hate directed at it. Cinder, however... the cover and book are perfection. Thanks for stopping by my TTT. :)

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!