01 May 2013

Monthly Wrap Up: April 2013

I managed to read a bunch of books this month! I'm so proud of myself, and I think I was only able to do so because a) there were days where I was reading a couple of books at a time, and b) I took part in the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon!
Books Read in April

1. The Collector by Victoria Scott
2. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
3. Fractured by Teri Terry
4. Arclight by Josin L. McQuein
5. The Rules by Stacey Kade
7. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
8. Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting
9. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
10. Reboot by Amy Tinterra
11. A Storm of Swords Part One by George R R Martin
12. Where You Are by Tammara Webber
13. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Book of the Month
Arclight was a surprisingly good read for me last month. The world building was great, and it was the perfect mix of action and creepy!

Books Read in April

1. The Last Werewolf by Glen Duncan
2. Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
3. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
4. Neptune Noir: Unauthorized Investigations into Veronica Mars by Rob Thomas
5. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
7. Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott
8. Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
10. The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
11. Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
12. Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
13. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
14. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys
15. Pivot Point by Kasie West
16. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
17. Tarzan of The Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs

Book of the Month

Reviews

10 comments:

  1. I really want to read The 5th Wave. I hear it's really good! And the cover of ARC light is so pretty. Code Name Verity was really great too. I enjoyed the historical aspect of it. And those twists at the end!!!
    -Melissa @ Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite enjoyed The 5th Wave! I liked the main female and her love interest. He was great! I'm DYING to read Code Name Verity, Tatum made me so jealous when she got it!

      Delete
  2. Thirteen books isn't bad Amber!
    And whoa Tatum, you read 17 books this month too! :D
    Which reminds me, I have to read Code Name Verity sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not bad. It's way better than I was expecting! Ermehgerd, I NEEEEEEEEED to read Code Name Verity.

      Delete
  3. oooh, you guys were on a role in april! I am glad you read Where You Are Amber! I must go read your review now!
    And wow, Tatum, 17 books? nice! I am glad you read Onyx, you should definitely pick up Opal! I just read it last week and it was awesome!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both read so many books! Spotted a few classics in there Tatum!

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read The 5th Wave, so glad you enjoyed it! Arclight has been getting some rave reviews too. Great reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Arclight beat out The 5th Wave! I'm pretty sure most people would not agree with that call. They were actually pretty similar reads for me, oddly enough, like they had the exact same issues. Also, girl should go to the first guy she crushes on in neither of them. Just no to that. No, no, no.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You guys had a productive reading month! Hopefully May will be just as successful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!