02 November 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Day One - The Beginning


The first day of NaNoWriMo 2012 is well and truly over. I was too busy writing last night to do this post, so I'm procrastinating in the middle of the second day. Yep, I'm putting the writing off already. Oops. So, here are my stats for Day Uno:

Words Written in Day 1: 2000
Words Written in Total: 2030
Words Remaining: 47,970
Days Left: 28.5

I think I'm doing pretty well! I got off to a great start yesterday, and can I just say that I am SO glad I started planning this novel early on. Otherwise I might have been very stuck. I have a few things that need to be added into Day 1's parts (which will, of course, need MAJOR editing come December) and then I can carry on writing.

As soon as I've published this post I'm going to make a start on today's writing. I'm hoping to get around 2000 words written per day, to give myself something to lean on in case of an emergency. And it's my birthday on the 14th, so I might not be writing too much on that day.

Is anyone planning on going to any write-ins? I'm going to go to one in London at some point in the second half of the month, and I also want to get together with a couple of friends and have our own writing session.

How is your NaNo novel coming along?

3 comments:

  1. You are doing well and it's good to get a head start. I'm procrastinating too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, *high five* I should be a good buddy tell you to stop distracting yourself, but I'm doing the same thing so... XD

      Delete
  2. Oooh, Amber, well done! 2000 in one day ain't bad. I only did NaNo once, but... seriously, I'm consistently amazed by the folks that do it. Rockstars ;D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!