13 November 2012

Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard



Two Truths and a Lie by Sara Shepard
The Lying Game #3
Release Date: July 17, 2012 (US)
Publisher: St Martin's Griffin
Source: Bought
Rating: Essential


Sutton Mercer watches from the afterlife as her long-lost twin, Emma Paxton, takes over her identity to solve her murder. But after ruling out her early leads, Emma still hasn’t found Sutton’s killer. A lot of people wanted her dead—but one name keeps popping up: Thayer Vega. When the gorgeous and mysterious Thayer returns to town, Emma has to move fast to figure out whether he’s back for revenge…or if he already got it.

Set in a town where friends can turn into dangerous enemies and everyone harbors dark secrets, The Lying Game is a juicy new series that fans of the #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series—and the hit ABC Family show—will love. - Goodreads


Hmmmm. These are getting a bit repetitive now. Is the Pretty Little Liars series like this too?

Honestly, there is not much I can say about this that wasn't already covered in my reviews of the previous two books in the series. I haven't read the fourth book yet, so I can't say if the author breaks the mould with that one or if it's just like the other three.

I think watching the TV show may have impacted my feelings for this series a little, because right now I'm finding the show so much more enjoyable than the books. Although, that never happens normally, so either it's a really good show or these books really are becoming dull.

I can't say I didn't like Two Truths and a Lie, because I did. Really. I just thought the plot was way too similar to the other novels, and it's lost the thrilling mystery it had before. I knew going into it what was going to happen with Thayer, and while I was reading the outcome I didn't feel shocked at all, which was really disappointing.

Sara Shepard does have a fantastic writing style, however, and that's what kept me reading and made me enjoy the book in the end. I loved how she introduced Thayer's character, and I also loved the new revelations on how Sutton used to be. I still don't like many of the characters, and I still don't know who killed Sutton. So. Yes.

I will be continuing with this series, because I desperately want to know who killed Sutton. But if all six plus of them are going to follow the same theme, I think I'm going to end up hating it.

Ethan is totally on the top of my list of suspects right now, by the way. If you've read the series, let me know who is on yours! Although, please try not to spoil the fourth book for me, because I haven't read it yet!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. It is like a disk on repeat.. ENOUGH. I need some originality, and i can say that the show hasn't impacted me because I REALLY dislike the show.

    I also didn't read the 4th book.. i heard she added 3 more books so I'm guessing we won't know the killer in the 4th book, or 5th, or 6th, and HOPEFULLY we will in the 7th :\

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!