07 November 2012

WoW: Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield



Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Release Date: May 7, 2013
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Goodreads



Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong.

Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived.

In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive?

First thing's first, LOOK AT THE COVER! IT'S ALL PINK AND PRETTY! I don't usually like pink, but there's some purple in there and it's all eye catching and awesome. I love it. Anyway, this sounds great! I love that Lucy is the only one left of her kind, and that there are people after her. I love books like that! When I first read Nat's name I got all excited because I thought he was going to be a girl, but nope. Never mind. I'll be reading it anyway!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

8 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous! I would want to have it for that reason alone :) Besides the cover it also sounds like a great book. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so unique and awesome! And I agree the cover is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover and love the idea about a chantress. Great choice!

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3-dirty-red.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last blog I visited was advertising this book too. This is the first I've heard of it. I'm reminded of the Sirens, when I think of chantresses. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO waiting on this one as well! I love how the premise sounds and you're right: the cover is beautiful :D Great choice, thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW pick this week.

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks amazing. Thanks for the great pick :D
    Check out my WOW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good and is brand new to me. I always like WOW's because I find new titles.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already have this one on my to-read list and I would love to give it a try when it comes out. I love the sound of it and I hope it turns out to be as good as I think it'll be.. I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!