12 October 2010

Teaser Tuesday! (1)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading.

Here's what to do:
· Grab your current read.
· Open to a random page.
· Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
· BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
· Share the author and title, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!


Teaser: 
"The Unconsecrated are now within touching distance and as we close in on the door to the house we have to push them aside, their mouths gaping open as they grope for us. They lean toward us and I smell their death and then we are inside and Travis pushes at the door until it clicks shut."


I hope that got you interested if you haven't read the book!
Happy reading everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this book but your teaser is extremely intriguing and makes me want to know more. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-in-hovering-flight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book recently and I really enjoyed it. I can remember this part of the book and your teaser captures the emotions in the book well. Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both like the teaser! I was a little nervous about posting it, I didn't want to give too much away!

    And Jennifer - I definitely recommend reading it, I have not read much but it's brilliant so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!